Client classification based on device name. It is possible?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 22:14:36 UTC 2012

>      {
>        hardware ethernet 00:01:02:03:04:05;
>        fixed-address  10.0.0.5;
>      }
>
>... and so on for each network device.
>
>Now, server offers IP address from proper pool.

Thought it would.

>In case with host with fixed-address all works well too.

Just remember that using the group { ... }
declaration still does not in any way tie the
host statement to the subnet, nor does putting
the host statements inside the shared-network
statement. The host statements are still global
in scope, but at least you'll avoid the strange
option inheritance that happens if you put them
in the subnet declaration.
As far as I can see, the group statements are redundant - they do nothing.

--
Simon Hobson