Client classification based on device name. It is possible?

Алексей Прокопчук alexpro at homelan.lg.ua
Sun Jul 8 22:38:56 UTC 2012

09.07.2012 01:14, Simon Hobson пишет:
> Just remember that using the group { ... } declaration still does not
> in any way tie the host statement to the subnet, nor does putting the
> host statements inside the shared-network statement. The host
> statements are still global in scope, but at least you'll avoid the
> strange option inheritance that happens if you put them in the subnet
> declaration.
> As far as I can see, the group statements are redundant - they do
> nothing.

But, in case with

hardware-ethernet 00:01:02:03:04:05;
fixed-address 10.0.0.5;

and

hardware-ethernet 00:01:02:03:04:05;
fixed-address 10.1.0.5;

in different shared-networks works properly. If I request address from
vlan21, then I receive address 10.0.0.5, if I request from vlan22, then
receive 10.1.0.5, I checked it a hour ago. With old config I can't use
fixed-address from several devices simultaneously, but now I can do it.
In any case, I will take in mind your comments about the groups, but I
don't understand what must be done for proper host declarations?

Thanks again, with best regards, Alexey Prokopchuk.