DHCP in NAT in a VM Guest and a Mac Host

Romer Ventura rventura at h-st.com
Tue Jul 1 14:31:09 UTC 2008

Not the case. They should work just fine. I run the same setup with Vmware
and I have VMGuest that is the DHCP and other Guest as the DNS.

Do "tail -f /var/log/messages" and start the dhcp and see the errors that
come up.

On 7/1/08 9:22 AM, "stephane lepain" <penguindeb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I come to you as I am really stuck.
> I am running a VM under Ubuntu server. I have already installed BIND
> that works very nicely but DHCP is just not doing it:)
> When I launch the server in my VM, it says that it fails to start.
> When I go into /var/log/messages to check for error messages, I don't
> get much to work with.
>
> " anaconda dhcpd: wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file"
> " anaconda dhcpd: wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to lease file"
> "anaconda dhcpd: wrote 0 leases to leases file
>
> May be I should be looking somewhere else for error message but I
> don't where. I have set up my DNS to be authoritative on my network. I
> was wondering since the VM is as well using a DHCP Server, wouldn't
> they collide with each other?
>
> Cheers to all for your help

------
Romer Ventura
Network Administrator
Houston-Sigma Technologies, L.P.
1333 Industrial Blvd. Sugar Land Tx. 77478
Voice 281-295-5017
rventura at h-st.com