DHCP in NAT in a VM Guest and a Mac Host

stephane lepain penguindeb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 14:22:51 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I come to you as I am really stuck.
I am running a VM under Ubuntu server. I have already installed BIND
that works very nicely but DHCP is just not doing it:)
When I launch the server in my VM, it says that it fails to start.
When I go into /var/log/messages to check for error messages, I don't
get much to work with.

" anaconda dhcpd: wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file"
" anaconda dhcpd: wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to lease file"
"anaconda dhcpd: wrote 0 leases to leases file

May be I should be looking somewhere else for error message but I
don't where. I have set up my DNS to be authoritative on my network. I
was wondering since the VM is as well using a DHCP Server, wouldn't
they collide with each other?

Cheers to all for your help