multiple IPs to single machine

dhcp-admin at syniverse.com dhcp-admin at syniverse.com
Wed Sep 6 15:57:38 UTC 2006

Sending this to the dhcp-server list also (sorry if it gets duplicated).

I have several machines, some Win2K and some WinXP that are requesting multiple IPs.  Checking the dhcpd.leases file, they get one that looks normal, and then at least two others with a uid like this:
uid "\001RAS \000\006[\036Z\344\000\000\001\000\000\000";
All the extra IPs have a uid starting with "001RAS..."  It is related to incoming connections defined in the "network and dialup" area.

This problem has caused my ddns to get messed up for the specific machine requesting multiple IPs.  It sure would be nice if I could tell my dhcp-server to not give out more than one IP per MAC address.