I am provoked by ISC for the 10 years statement that ISC refuse to fulfill (Re: DNSSEC setup for stealth master and multi slave/recursive - Multiple DS keys?)

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Sun Feb 11 16:41:34 UTC 2024

On 2/11/24 02:07, Ole Aamot wrote:
> "This whole “we support everything for 10 years” is just a sales pitch, not a something that can be fulfilled." – Ondřej Surý — ISC

I realize that there was a whole kerfuffle here that I mercifully missed and
have absolutely no interest in.

But it did "provoke" a question.  Does anyone think not restarting *anything* for 10 years
is a good idea?

I realize there were all these fanbois back in the day that wanted to prove
*NIX could stay up longer and with greater stability than Windows.   But best practices
would suggest that you patch and restart monthly at a minimum and more often for
zero-days and more immediate threats.  I would include among this the OS itself
as well as key infrastructure services.

Oh, and for the record, I think ISC does a very fine job ;)