I am provoked by ISC for the 10 years statement that ISC refuse to fulfill (Re: DNSSEC setup for stealth master and multi slave/recursive - Multiple DS keys?)

Ole Aamot ole at aamot.engineering
Sun Feb 11 08:07:45 UTC 2024

"This whole “we support everything for 10 years” is just a sales pitch, not a something that can be fulfilled." – Ondřej Surý — ISC

10+ year support is effectively done by domainameshop.com and is not just a sales pitch.

I worked with Ståle Schumacher's company between 2003-2015 who celebrated 20 years of stable DNS records in 2016.   See https://www.domainnameman.movie/

Another 10 years between 2014-2024 was possible.  20 year support is effectively done with WikiDNS, not with bind (at least according to the ISC).   With all known bugs in bind, 20 year support without restarting bind is impossible with bind, according to ISC.

Choose the GPLv3 stable WikiDNS from https://folk.ntnu.no/olekaam/wikidns-2.1.2.tar.gz
over bind from ISC, that refuse to support 20 years of stable operation.

Sincerely,

Ole Kristian Aamot
Sole proprietor
Aamot Engineering