Dig -x +trace?

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:38:37 UTC 2022

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022, 15:29 Greg Choules <
gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike.
> No need to shoot. I missed your first message to the list.
>

> Have you tried other popular open resolver services, to compare how they
> each behave and see whether there are differences between them?
> Or, since you have `dig` I'm guessing you probably also have BIND? If so,
> have you tried using that?
>
> Since you are unwilling to share a pcap I don't see what further help we
> can be.

it's not ISC's problem; current sources work fine:
"considering the new 9.18.7 source I found from ISC.org works properly, to
completion, every time."

if you want to look at the pcap, feel free to find my bug report on
ubuntu's Launchpad today somewhat later this afternoon. they'll get the
pcap because it's their problem.

Good luck with Ubuntu and Cloudflare.

I definitely will have fun posting a bug report to Ubuntu because I can't
understand why they would ship a broken version of anything when it's
simply doesn't work the first time I try to use it.

cloudflare is not actually the problem, the reason I have cloudflare in my
resolv.conf is because based upon other bug reports surrounding ubuntu,
systemd-resolved was a problem that I was trying to avoid.

Mike