Bind 9.16.33 startup problem

Sami Leino sami.leino at qnetoy.fi
Tue Oct 4 07:38:05 UTC 2022

Hi,

I tried to upgrade Bind from 9.16.32 to 9.16.33 on a Windows Server 2016. Service failed to start with several similar errors in event log;

named.conf:411: 'dnssec-policy;' requires dynamic DNS or inline-signing to be configured for the zone

On those lines which error occurs I have

dnssec-policy "ecdsa256";

With 9.16.32 and exactly same configuration Bind starts normally without any errors. This is Master NS.

Other two slave name servers (Windows 2019) starts up 9.16.33 normally without any errors.

Anyone else having the same problem and any clue how to fix it?

BR. Sami Leino