what is wrong with DNS name 'covid19booster.healthservice.ie' ? : Google : what is Google's secret DNS service ?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sat Jan 8 21:36:23 UTC 2022

On Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 06:10:26PM +0000,
 Jason Vas Dias <jason.vas.dias at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 72 lines which said:

> What are "RIPE Atlas Probes" ?

Small boxes that volunteers from all over the world install in various
networks to run active measurements (DNS, ping, traceroute, etc). Very
handy to see the Internet from various vantage points.

https://atlas.ripe.net/

> Could I perhaps use these to improve my BIND DNS server so it
> can query the Google Hidden Internet too ?

Again, several people explained to you that your assessment is wrong,
that you are delusional and there is no such thing as "Google Hidden
Internet". (I can resolve the name just fine, and I use zero Google
service.)

> And with the HSE.IE about putting their covid appointment
> booking service on a Google Hidden Internet URL

Stop this crap. If you frame the problem this way, I understand that
people will refuse to reply to you.

> But I still do not understand:
>  o what is different about your RIPE Atlas Probes and the Google
>    DNS servers, that they can query this domain name, but the
>    BIND servers cannot ?

As was explained to you by several persons, BIND is not at fault
here. The problem is that YOU decided to forward to apparently broken
resolvers.

>  o How can I avoid this problem in the future - ie. is there any
>    extension to BIND that can query the Google Hidden Internet
>    without accessing Google DNS servers ?

Bullshit, crap, etc.