Windows 9.16.25 fails to start (1067 Terminated unexpectedly)

Jakob Bohm jb-bindusers at wisemo.com
Thu Feb 17 14:07:47 UTC 2022

On 2022-02-12 01:06, Richard T.A. Neal wrote:

> I run BIND on Windows as well but I've been unable to upgrade to 9.16.25 - I get an error stating "Error Validating Account. Unable to install service using this account.". So I'm presently running 9.16.21.
>
> What are the last few things in the Application Event Log (Source: named) before it terminates?
>
> Richard.

The latest in the log (I directed it to a file, as the Event Viewer
wrapping in the port was badly done) were the mentioned fetch of ./NS
etc. interspersed with zone loading messages for default zones (I
temporarily commented out the real zones to shorten the config, but it
still failed).

Enjoy

Jakob