[KASP] setup KASP in master / slave architecture

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:08:49 UTC 2022

I have a simple “mylocal” zone setup with a primary and secondary server.

my primary has this .jnl file:

mylocal.jnl

My secondary has this similar .jnl file:

mylocal.saved.jnl

which I believe was distributed via zone transfer.  You find no such similar files on your secondary?

If you

Does your flags line look something like this?

;; flags: qr rd ra ad;

Per the manual:

The important detail in this output is the presence of the ad flag in the header. This signifies that BIND has retrieved all related DNSSEC information related to the target of the query (ftp.isc.org) and that the answer received has passed the validation process described in How Are Answers Verified?. We can have confidence in the authenticity and integrity of the answer, that ftp.isc.org really points to the IP address 149.20.1.49, and that it was not a spoofed answer from a clever attacker.

https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_18_9/dnssec-guide.html#using-dig-to-verify

My “flags” line does not show the “ad” flag as this is just a set of private servers on a local lan. I can’t submit the DNSSEC details upstream as described here:

https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_18_9/dnssec-guide.html#uploading-information-to-the-parent-zone