[KASP] setup KASP in master / slave architecture

adrien sipasseuth sipasseuth.adrien at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:59:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

I deleted my zone file <zone>.db on my slaves and I forced a transfer from
the master.

Now it seems to work, I do have the RRSIG associated with my RRset A when I
do a dig from my slave.

When I test my dig from my internal network I actually don't have the ad
flag. But from the google resolver (https://dns.google/) I have the flag.

To summarize:
- on my master : declaration of my policy and I use it in my zone
configuration
- on the slaves : configuration of my zone, standard without mentioning
dnssec-policy

What I observe:
- on the master: files <zone>.db, <zone>.db.jbk,
<zone>.db.signed,<zone>.db.signed.jnl and my keys
- on the slaves: files <zone>.db

I don't understand why there is no <zone>.db.signed file on my slave
knowing that a dig from a slave does return RRSIG.

    type slave;
};

Should I specify the <zone>.db or the <zone>.db.signed ? On the master
or/and ths slaves ?

Regards,

Adrien