Choosing A records based on hosts' load?

Tyler Ament tyler at coldsmoke.io
Mon Jan 18 18:03:42 UTC 2021

Hi Marek,

One way you can handle this sort of situation is with Varnish Cache. You can use it as a load balancer but it also has a lot of control over the actual flow of requests, etc. that you can use to accomplish various outcomes.

One relevant documentation.  https://varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/users-guide/vcl-backends.html#connection-pooling

Sorry to clutter the group here, but trying to assist w redirect of this question to a non-DNS direction since numerous BIND folks here saying not technically on-topic.

Tyler