Delegation check failed

Lucio Crusca lucio at sulweb.org
Tue Sep 20 14:12:23 UTC 2011

In data martedì 20 settembre 2011 15:25:03, Lightner, Jeff ha scritto:
> Can someone give me a better explanation of why this is saying my
> delegation failed than the FAQ does?
>
> In a separate thread I saw this recommendation to another user:

I'm the other user :)

> On going there and testing water.com domain I see:
> Delegation<javascript:void(0);>
>
> ·         Nameserver dswadns1.xxxxxxxx.com is listed for zone xxxxxxx.com
> without address information.
>
> ·         Nameserver dswadns2.xxxxxxxx.com is listed for zone xxxxxxxx.com
> without address information. However, it clearly found the IPs of these
> name servers.    The IPs were entered at the registrar some years ago
> lookups of our domains work fine.   Additionally whois shows the correct
> IPs for the above name servers being returned by the Registrar.   My zone
> file has A records with the correct IPs as shown below.:

I'm facing exactly the same problem, and privately mailed Matthew Seaman about
it, because he was the one to give advice about http://dnscheck.iis.se/ and I
didn't want my domain to be publicly listed in the ML archives.

I now suspect it's something related to missing IPv6 (AAAA) records, but I'm
not sure.