negative cache TTLs

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Fri Jan 9 20:32:10 UTC 2009

At Fri, 09 Jan 2009 16:00:35 -0200,
Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas at solutti.com.br> wrote:

>     Today, for some unknown reason, one of my servers which is running a
> local DNS caching server (bind 9.5.0-P2) was answering SERVFAIL for a
> specific host which i know exists and was working fine.

I strongly recommend you to upgrade to 9.5.1-P1.  9.5.0-P2 has several
known issues that can lead to SERVFAIL, and it's normally not very
easy to identify the cause.  If you still see the problem with 9.5.1,
please report it again.

>         max-ncache-ttl 30;
>         max-cache-ttl 7200;

These are most likely to be irrelevant to your problem.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.