negative cache TTLs

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães leolistas at solutti.com.br
Sat Jan 10 13:37:47 UTC 2009

JINMEI Tatuya / ???? escreveu:
> I strongly recommend you to upgrade to 9.5.1-P1.  9.5.0-P2 has several
> known issues that can lead to SERVFAIL, and it's normally not very
> easy to identify the cause.  If you still see the problem with 9.5.1,
> please report it again.

    i have updated to 9.5.1-P1 ..... anyway, the related problem was NOT
happening frequently. In fact it was the first time my users complained
about that and i noticed it. Maybe it happened other times, but i didnt
noticed that.

>>         max-ncache-ttl 30;
>>         max-cache-ttl 7200;
>>

> These are most likely to be irrelevant to your problem.

    let's suppose that SERVFAIL wasnt related to some bug and it was,
indeed, a DNS failure resolution. In that case, of a legitime DNS
failure resolution, would it be the max-ncache-ttl that would control
this SERVFAIL time-to-live ?? If not, is there some parameter to control
these SERVFAIL caches ?

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues