URGENT, PLEASE READ: 9.5.0-P1 now available

Emery Rudolph emery.rudolph at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:34:29 UTC 2008

Thanks for clearing that up for me Walter. There have been so many people
with the same error I mixed your name up with someone else.
As you may know, taking down a nameserver to implement these changes is not
a trivial matter for larger enterprises. I am very disappointed that the
response to your problem was that "the product was not fully matured yet and
if you need stability go with 9.4.2-P1". I still have yet to meet the person
who "doesn't" need stability in the DNS.

I have seen so many threads of problems with so many of the post-cache-bug
versions of BIND that I doubtful that any of them are safe to use. I know
that the ISC people had to rush these products out because of the cache
problem, so I don't fault them, but I have to wonder if the cure is worse
than the disease?

I don't mean to bitch about things, but I just don't have time to chase down
possible remedies that are unproven. I hope that a concrete cause can be
found, so that we can make concrete plans for addressing the issue. If it's
an actual sizing limitation - tell us. if it's a thread problem - tell us.
Just do the due diligence and get it right so we can nail the issue.

Emery,