URGENT, PLEASE READ: 9.5.0-P1 now available

Walter Gould gouldwp at auburn.edu
Fri Jul 25 15:01:48 UTC 2008

Emery Rudolph wrote:
> Milan,
> After getting more information I see that the 65535 limit I was seeing for
> the FD_SETSIZE limit is strictly for 64-bit applications. I will try the
> recommended path of setting the 32-bit value to 4096 and recompiling BIND.
>
> The one thing that bothers me is that Walter Gould (an earlier contributor
> to this thread) is also running Solaris 9, has the exact same error and
> tried the recommended modification and recompile only to wind up with
> continued crashes. I will not make too strong a correlation, because there
> are other variables such as system hardware that could be the cause.

Emery,
Actually, I am running an older version of Red Hat Enterprise - not
Solaris 9.   However, I have had problems with receiving the "Too man
open files" error.  When this happens, the named daemon continues to run
- but does not resolve names.  Also, I have recompiled named increasing
the FD_SETSIZE to 4096.  Weird thing is after doing that, named ran for
about a day before I received the "Too man open files" error and named
stopped resolving.

Walter