Help needed configuring Bind 9

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Sep 24 20:55:49 UTC 2005

Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:
>>A password is REQUIRED for windows. You need to go to the users accounts
>>and set a password on the named account.
>

> Alright, then can someone help me with this?
>
> The account -- named -- does not show up under either the normal User
> Accounts control panel, nor by running "control userpasswords2". That
> shows more accounts, but only user, guest, and limited -- nothing that
> I can find lets me set a password on a service account.
>
> XP Home, not professional, if that makes a difference.

It does make a difference. I'm sure the account is there, but you can't
see it, possibly because it's not in the Users group. So do the following:

Run BINDInstall again and Uninstall it using the Uninstall button. Exit
and then come back in. This time when you install, supply a password.
This should allow the service to be correctly set up.

Danny