Help needed configuring Bind 9

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 22:04:11 UTC 2005

> Run BINDInstall again and Uninstall it using the Uninstall button. Exit
> and then come back in. This time when you install, supply a password.
> This should allow the service to be correctly set up.
>
> Danny

Almost. I had to use a new account name ("named2"), and I had to go to
services to change ISC Bind from "named" to "named2".

The uninstaller won't remove the service account if it created it.
A reinstall will not change the existing null password
A reinstall will not update which account the service is supposed to use.

But it is finally installed, working, and maybe this will help any
other windows users who run into this sort of thing.