Problems with Bind 9 Views (internal,external)

Jens Grigel jens.grigel at sskm.de
Wed Aug 24 15:06:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 16:06, Stefan Sabolowitsch wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Need your assistance.
> I have here two servers with bind 9.2.4.
> One is the master and the other Slave.
>
> I have problems with the updates (master, slave) of the two among themselves
> (views).
>
> If i
>
> rndc reload XXXXX.com IN external
>
> make, the Slave takes itself the information from the master
> "internal" zone and written these in the Slave "external" zone files.
> Thus "internal" zone files of the master have same contents as the
> "external" zone files of the Slave.
>
> Why? That ist fatal.

Hi,

the problem (and the solution) of a slave NS for an internal and
external view of a master NS is in the bind faq's

check here:
http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/bind/

and search for the section:

"How can I make a server a slave for both an internal and an external
view at the same time? When I tried, both views on the slave were
transferred from the same view on the master"

--
Jens