"DNS server for Windows XP?"

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Sep 9 00:12:00 UTC 2004

At 12:23 AM 9/8/2004, Jim McAtee wrote:
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Danny Mayer" <mayer at gis.net>

No, it's for security. You can do it for any version of BIND. However, the
installer
didn't have the smarts until 9.3.0 to set it up. You can do this manually but
requires a set of instructions. It's not just a matter of adding a user
account.
In fact it shouldn't be a user account. It's not a matter of where the
dll's and exe's
are installed. That doesn't matter at all.

Danny