please help

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Tue Jun 15 16:12:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 10:19:39AM +0100, George wrote:
> Hi everyone
> Sorry to ask this but I seem to be having a few problems here as we all know sending mail using cc is a prime way spammers get through to people, I am using a spam filter http://www.stop.spam-now.com that allows me to setup mailing lists and allows everything sent to the mailing list and then sent out by that list through. The problem is that it seems many people have started sending the posts to people and cc'ing the list this now means that the list address is in the cc field and is a potential spammer. It may just be me BUT why not send to the list and cc the person of course if that person is a members of the list there is no point in sending directly to the OR cc'ing them.
>
> Hope youze all see the point I am trying to make.
>
> Thanks
>
> George

Because doing it this way is the standard way for most mail software?

Of course, breaking longrun-onlines is also standard, but not everyone
pays attention to that, either.  Different things irk different folks.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B