no IPv6 interfaces found

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Aug 24 17:03:06 UTC 2004

At 07:38 AM 8/24/2004, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>Marten, Jim,
>
>In an attempt to solve the original issue:
>
>Marten, do you have IPv6 support compiled into the kernel?
>
>Jim, since you're the most experienced by far, am I correct to presume BIND
>wouldn't be able to check for IPv6 interfaces, when the system it's running
>on doesn't have a clue what IPv6 is, let alone return 'no interfaces'? So
>BIND wouldn't report errors or notices anymore?

No, the code is designed to work in all possible cases. It shouldn't matter to
you that it checks for IPv6 interfaces. If it doesn't find any it will
report it if
you turn on debug and proceed.

If you don't want the interfaces to be checked after startup, turn off the
check
interval:

options {
interface-interval 0;