Incorrect nameserver address - where is it coming from?

Duane Wessels c2de at packet-pushers.com
Thu Apr 15 21:34:36 UTC 2004

> My question is - where are all of the rest of the name servers that
> I've queried getting the old address from?  Do I have to delete
> NS.SOURCEHOSTING.NET from the WHOIS record for a while to get things
> to settle down, then re-add it or something like that?

When you registered the name, you entered your NS.SOURCEHOSTING.NET
and its IP address as a nameserver.   That address is in the .net
zone as a glue record.  If you run 'dig @a.gtld-servers.net
ns.sourcehosting.net' you'll see the old address.

You need to visit your registrar (for sourcehosting.net) and change
the IP address of the nameserver.  For GoDaddy, see the FAQ entry
titled "How do I register my own name servers with GoDaddy.com?"

Duane W.