Setting up an internal network DNS server

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Fri Aug 22 22:19:59 UTC 2003

You have to setup a master zone, and register all your hosts there.
let's say

zone "private.net" {
type master;
file "db.private.net";
};

and all the clients you can configure with the default domain
"private.net" and any time you refer to server1 from any client, which
will use your local dns server, client will attach the default domain
(in this case private.net)  and server1.private.net will be looked up in
your dns server, provided you have populated your db.private.net file
correctly with your hosts A records.

Ladislav