views & TSIG

Jim Pazarena bind at ccstores.com
Fri Aug 22 08:13:17 UTC 2003

I am attempting to set up views and from past comments by both
Mark Andrews and Barry Margolin, I see that views _with_ TSIG is
what I want.

DNS & Bind 4th edition is a little unclear about implementing TSIG.
The examples show TSIG & secrets for individual zones but not for
an entire view.

Is this possible?

What I have is an "internal" machine acting as my master dns server,
but not actually providing dns to anyone... just feeding both an
internal and external slave server.

I need two views, internal and external, but I need both slaves to be
able to provide whichever view is appropriate depending on who is
querying it.

TSIG sounds like what I need, but I don't want to have to add the
allow-transfer statement to each and every zone entry.

Please help.