IP (not zone) delegation

Mark Damrose mdamrose at elgin.cc.il.us
Wed Sep 18 02:57:01 UTC 2002

"Dean Carrera" <Dean.Carrera at intcx.com> wrote in message
news:am8b1j$5ka$1 at isrv4.isc.org...

> I'm not sure I follow you on this Mark. I'm working thru the same issue. =
> The forward DNS delegation is working fine but I'm a little confused on =
> how to set up the reverse. When you say populate the zone with static do =
> you mean with individual records for each host?

Yes.

  I guess not because =
> that would defeat the purpose of delegation.

No.  Delegation is how you make the data known to the rest of the world.
The only difference is with .com/.net/.org - when you delegate you go the
the authority for those domains, a registrar.  With in-addr.arpa. you go to
the authority for the parent domain, usually your ISP