Mirgation Bind 4.9.5 to 8.3.3

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Sep 4 06:07:46 UTC 2002

> Hello,
> i wanna migrate a BIND 4.9.5 to Version 8.3.3. The current BIND is running
> on a Windows NT 4 Server. The new one shall run on a Windows 2000 Server.
> Can anyone tell me how to do that or tell me where i can find some
> information about?
>
> Thanx
>
> Jochen Kurz

	Basically you need to convert named.boot to named.conf.

	BIND 8 uses $TTL for the default ttl rather than SOA MININUM,
	you will get warnings logged until you fix this.
	BIND 8 is stricter about master files syntax.  Any errors
	detected will be logged.
	BIND 8 uses a system assigned port for queries, see
	query-source if you need to force the port to some value.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org