install wrong???

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Wed Nov 21 18:29:05 UTC 2001

> i download bind-9.2.0rc8 and install it on the machine ( SUNOS 7
> SPACE  GCC )
>
> In mine dir i unzip and untar it , and type " ./configure " and
> type " make"
>
> and change to root to run " make install".
>
> but i can not find  "/etc/named.conf"
>     i can not find  "named.pid"
>
>     i do not know where some files located!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>     why the install answer not same as README!

You need to create /etc/named.conf yourself.  The installation
process doesn't do it for you.  The named process will create
named.pid, often in /var/run, when you start it.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes