BIND and Webmin

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Mar 22 03:50:43 UTC 2001

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:28:30AM -0800, Bill Manning wrote:
> 	FWTW, vi is one of my favorite things... :) And a well crafted
> 	zone file is a thing of beauty... Nevertheless,
>
> 	I have come to the conclusion that "Real Soon Now" we are
> 	going to "encase" the DNS in epoxy and rivet a disclaimer
> 	on the outside:
>
> 	"No human serviceable parts inside"

Have to agree, on both points.  I've decided that setting up zone files
and master files the way we all know is the RIGHT way is like coding in
assembler.  You have such complete control ... that a person who isn't
aware of all the fine points can mess the thing up five ways from
Sunday ... if he or she can get it to be accepted by the parser in the
first place.

There must be a more human-comprehensible way.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B