Question to use internal and external DNS...

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Mar 13 22:27:40 UTC 2001

Does the "main DNS" allow recursion?

Is there a firewall between your server and the "main DNS"? If so, then you
need to verify that the correct ports are opened up to allow DNS queries
and responses.

If you really mean "BIND 8.2" (as opposed to, say, 8.2.3), then you need to
upgrade for security reasons. There are multiple root exploits in that
version of BIND.

- Kevin