Question to use internal and external DNS...

Rogelio E. Castillo Haro rcastillo at glo.org.mx
Mon Mar 12 20:09:50 UTC 2001

Hello!!
I'm new in the list, and I need to ask here for a solution for my dns on
my network.
I'm working at an university and I've:
3 class C networks assigned
I use for all nodes at my networks (400) only internal ip-address
I have a main DNS only and is working fine.
Now, I need to configure:
A DNS that only should resolve names for machines on each internal
network, by example:
10.1.1.3    patito.mydomain
10.1.1.6    bear.mydomain
almost these internals dns must to resolve for mby internal nodes to any
internet address using my main DNS as forwarder.
I just made some test but it seems that the forwarder statement isn't
working

NOTE: I'm using linux debian on the main DNS and linux slackware on my
internal dns. I'm using bind 8.2 at both.

Thanks in advance

--
Rogelio E. Castillo Haro
rcastillo at glo.org.mx