bind 9.1.1 - sample needed

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jul 10 01:05:38 UTC 2001

You told named to load the "localhost" zone from a file called "named.local", but
you show the contents of a file called "localhost", and that's presumably what
you checked with named-checkzone as well. What's in "named.local"?

As for the problem resolving debian.local.tux, I suspect that named is stuck in
"eternal priming" because you haven't defined a root zone, and it can't reach the
Internet nameservers (not surprising, since you're on a 192.168.*.*
address) which are configured as internal defaults when no root zone is
explicitly defined.

If you're on a totally private network, you need to set up your own internal root
zone.

- Kevin