Why are they asking for both the DNS server and the IP?

Jackrabbit Slim jackrabbit at taxplus.net
Tue Dec 4 19:35:54 UTC 2001

So if my dsl provider (Pacbell) has assigned me a host name of
"adsl-123-456-789-123.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net" should I put that into the
first field?

or should I put www.mydomain.com in there assuming that the ip address I put
into the second field will make it stick?

Could I leave the first field blank and still expect it to work?