Why are they asking for both the DNS server and the IP?

Steven Ames steve at virtual-voodoo.com
Tue Dec 4 19:43:08 UTC 2001

If you put the pacbell.net address it'll be rejected because if you use a
hostname that
is not already a registered host you are implying that it should become a
registered
host. Since you are not an authoritative contact for 'pacbell.net' you will
be rejected.
Use your own domain name: ns1.mydomain.com and the IP. ns1.mydomain.com
will then become a registered host and to change its IP in the future you
can submit
a host change form and not a zone change form.