BIND 8.2.2-P5 downgrade

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 13 20:39:31 UTC 2001

named.conf and named.boot have a totally different format. That's why simply
renaming the file didn't work. You need to *convert* the named.boot file to a
named.conf file. Do a "man named-bootconf".

Under *no* circumstances should you try to build or install BIND 4.9.4 on your
box. It's every bit as insecure as BIND 8.2.2 and has tons of long-ago-fixed
operational bugs besides.

If you're going to build anything, build either BIND 8.2.4 or BIND 9.1.3.

- Kevin