newbie question -- simple dns

Warren Mansur wmansur at cs.indiana.edu
Tue Sep 19 17:16:32 UTC 2000

Hi,

Okay, I figured out my problem.  It was rather a silly one at that.  I
have Debian Linux, and it uses a Debianized version of bind.  Thus, it
looks for all files in /etc/bind/ instead of /etc/.  Once I replaced the
named.conf file and malichi.net file in the /etc/bind directory,
everything worked properly.  I can go to ftp.malichi.net, and any other
computer I set up.

Thanks for everyone's help, and if you have Debian Linux, don't be dumb
like I was!

Warren Mansur
home email: wmansur at cs.indiana.edu