best nameserver server-confirguration

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Oct 28 02:13:25 UTC 2000

		I doubt that you'd have much of a problem with this kind of system, unless
  you are planning on huge zones or huge numbers of users.  named will read in
  all the zone information at startup time and keep it there.  In addition,
it will
  remember responses (for a certain length of time) also in memory.  Only
if you
  start to run out of memory will it really start to swap.  If you're
really a small
  ISP then that's probably not going to happen and can always buy additional
  memory.  named is not disk intensive.

		If you intend to run Windows NT or Win2K you should grab the latest kits
  that I made available at:

http://bind8nt.meiway.com/

  and go to the downloads page.  The 8.2.3-T6B kits for NT are near the
bottom.
  I don't recommend the 8.2.2-P5 because of bugs listed in the bugs section of
  this site.

				Danny