BIND Vulnerability Patch

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Oct 19 19:56:30 UTC 2000

BIND 8 would be far preferable to BIND 4. In fact, you may even want to consider
BIND 9, which I don't think is missing any of the functionality you're used to in
BIND 4, just some BIND 8 goodies.

If you want to stick with vendor-supplied software, upgrade your OS to Solaris 7
or Solaris 8, which includes a BIND 8-based nameserver and resolver libraries.

- Kevin