Newbie question - HOWTO install BIND 8.2.2-P5?

Charles Scott Charles_Scott at StrategicFulfillment.com
Sat Mar 4 16:15:40 UTC 2000

It was recommended that I upgrade from BIND 8.2.1 (from the Red Hat 6.1 CD)
to 8.2.2 because of the security issue. I downloaded the RPM from
TUXFinder.com. When I tried to install it there were dependencies. Some of
them were not descriptive enough to find the other RPMs needed.

I gave up and continued using 8.2.1 until I built my permanent DNS server.
Now I've built it and want to upgrade to 8.2.2. I decided since I could not
find all the RPM files needed I would try the TAR file.

I've been searching for hours now for instructions to install BIND 8.2.2-P5.
I can find all kinds of information on how to configure and use BIND but
none about installing it. Can someone point me in the right direction
please?

Thanks,
Charles