New User - on my own and caught a snag..

Mark R. Nathan bind at nathan.net
Sat Jun 24 00:27:56 UTC 2000

On 6/23/00, Kevin Darcy wanted to tell me:
>  > I have taken to installing lsof but getting that to compile correctly
>>  for me newbie is another story.
>
>"lsof" isn't likely to help you with a configuration file problem or a
>problem on some other machine...

Hi Kevin.. thanks.

Actually thanks to Brock Sides my syntax was corrected.  At the
moment I still have a port 53 problem where another process or
possibly another named is running taking the port.

error:

bind (dfd=20, [209.xxx.xx.4x]53) Address in use
bind (dfd=20, [209.xxx.xx.4x]53) Address in use
deleting interface [209.xxx.xx.4x].53
not listening on any interfaces

I get this as my error and since I cant get lsof to compile I am
looking for another solution.

Thanks Kevin!

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com
    Miraboo Group                   mailto:president at miraboomusic.com