PTR error

Thomas Duterme thomas at madeforchina.com
Thu Jul 13 11:32:23 UTC 2000

Hi Joe,

I'm a newbie, so please bear with my mistakes. I went to APNIC
(http://www.apnic.net/db/domain.html) to check 32.108.202.in-addr.arpa and
found nothing.  I assume my ISP has to register this C class with APNIC....
I only have 4 fixed IP addresses but would like to make sure my PTR records
are correct.  I contacted my ISP (I'm in China and am hosting with the
largest Chinese ISP) and they told me I was the first client who ever had
this request (it seemed like they didn't even know what I was talking about)

How would the delegation work for this class?  ie, since my ISP has
authority over all the Ip addresses of this Class C network, wouldn't their
name servers have to have correct PTR RRs?

Thanks for very much for the help.
Thomas