one IP for multiple zones??

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jul 12 19:50:05 UTC 2000

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 11:00:31AM -0400, Brian Gilman wrote:
>     I am trying to do the following and have run into some trouble:
>
>             domain1.com -> myDomain.com
>             domain2.com ->    myDomain.com
>
>         etc.
>
>     I found that you could do this easily by adding CNAME entries into
> my, myDomain.com's config file however, I keep getting the error,
> domain1.com outside of myDomain.com ignoring....

As mentioned earlier, you must have a separate zone file for each zone
[domain and possibly subdomains] that you are defining.

If I had been defining the harvard.edu zone, and had thrown in a few
definitions for mit.edu at your expense, you probably wouldn't have
liked that, eh?  ;-)

To define anything for a zone, the server must declare itself as one of
the servers that is completely authoritative for that zone, and then
proceed to define all records for that zone.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B