MX resord

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Aug 29 00:55:49 UTC 2000

A subzone is not necessary. I believe:

whatever.mydomain.com.    in    mx    0    whatever.mydomain.com.
whatever.mydomain.com.    in    a    x.x.x.x

would suffice. I.e. a new subdomain, but not a new subzone. Technically speaking,
you wouldn't even need the MX record, but since mailers follow up a
non-productive MX query with an A query, it's more efficient for the MX record to
exist.

- Kevin