MX resord

Prashant Ranade pranade at gigabitwireless.com
Tue Aug 29 00:45:45 UTC 2000

Hello,
yes I think you will have to create another zone for whatever.mydomain.com...
create the zone file for that zone, create the delegation record for that zone
in the parents zone file and then create the MX record for that zone. you can
host this zone on the same server where you are hosting mydomain.com...
I think so because if you don't create this zone then the dns for the
mydomain.com is not going to know where to deliver the mail for
urname at whatever.mydomain.com. it only knows MS records for mydomain.com
let me know if you can get away without ceating any new zone
hope this helps
Prashant