Why can't I resolve www.schwab.com

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 28 18:40:32 UTC 2000

I can resolve it just fine. The nameservers for www.schwab.com (yes, it
seems to be a zone unto itself) are both in the 162.93.*.* address
range. Do you by any chance have any special routing or firewall rules
that might prevent access to that network. I'll note that the
aforementioned servers appear to be load-balancers rather than
full-blown nameservers: they only seem to respond to A RR queries, and
the TTL's are quite low (5 minutes for the NS records, 15 seconds for
the A record). This forces everyone else's nameservers to constantly
query theirs, and even *intermittent* routing failures could result in a
significant number of lookup failures.

- Kevin