delegation problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 21 22:04:37 UTC 2000

The question makes no sense: delegation by definition happens
*between* levels of the namespace hierarchy. If Server A delegates a zone,
e.g. foo.bar.com delegated from bar.com, to Server B, then Server B cannot
delegate it *again* to Server C; if you just want Server C to
*replace* Server B's function, then change the delegation NS records (and
possibly also the glue records) on Server A to reflect that.

Alternatively, why don't you just explain what you're trying to do and
maybe then it would be possible to come up with a good way of doing it?

- Kevin