Delegation Problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Aug 11 23:58:28 UTC 2000

On the first query, the caching nameserver (C) will only be using the
delegation NS'es. On subsequent queries, it uses the NS'es which it got from
the authoritative server (B), until they time out of its cache. So the fact
that it works the first time and not the second implies that B is giving out
bad NS data for the zone. If you query B for the NS'es of sails.mycomp.com,
what do you get? You should the same NS'es, or a superset, of the delegation
NS'es reported by A.

- Kevin